Date de début
Dès que possible
Type de contrat
Contrat à durée indéterminée
Plans, coordinates and directs all accounting and financial activities of the plant in accordance with company policy and procedures personally or through subordinate employees.
Rôle et responsabilités
- Directs all functions of the general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, cost accounting, capital assets and cash management at the plant.
- Ensures that all required month end activities are completed accurately and on schedule
- Directs the completion of all Plant, Divisional and Corporate financial reports accurately and on schedule
- Reviews all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis to ensuring they are reasonable
- Coordinates the development of monthly/quarterly forecasts, along with annual tactical plans
- Directs the monitoring and control of standard costs
- Coordinates the reporting of Cost of Quality information
- Coordinates the annual physical inventory
- Provides plant liaison with internal, external and government auditors
- Understands the treasury (cash management) functions at the plant including reconciliation to the bank statements, cash management and control.
- Actively monitors the plant accounting systems and internal controls.
- Supervises accounting staff to achieve the above
- Partners with the Plant Manager to facilitate continuous improvement initiatives and to ensure monthly, quarterly & annual budget & forecasting targets are achieved/exceeded.
- Works closely with all Staff level department Managers to understand the financial impact from their respective areas and to work in concert with them to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Communicates consistently & clearly with the Corporate Finance & Operations team to clearly explain the day to day financial details as necessary.
- Encourages the development of accounting staff
- Other duties as assigned.
Études et expérience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting program required. Professional accounting designation (CPA) preferred.
- Strong background in cost accounting, CMA certification preferred
- SAP experience is strongly desired
- 6-10 years of progressive accounting and financial experience preferably with a sizable manufacturing company. Experience in a Controller role is desired.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts with 6-10 years of progressive experience
- Experience in driving improved operating performance throughout the plant utilizing fact based data and root cause analysis in a collaborative manner
- Familiarity with ERP information systems, SAP preferred, and solid experience with Excel and other Microsoft desktop systems
- Understanding of all government financial reporting requirements affecting the plant
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals, standard accounting methods and procedures, and continuing developments in accounting concepts
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal skills in a team based atmosphere
- Have strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task
- Unrivaled commitment to initiate & work with others to facilitate continuous improvement
- Strong Leadership skills for supervising the accounting staff
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Able to explain basic financial concepts to assist non-financial Managers.