Manager Mold Development
We expect to have deep knowledge in Injection Moulds, Troubleshooting & supplier handling & monitoring. Decision-making and problem solving will take up a great part in a day.
- Responsible to conduct mold design, constructions & concept reviews with product designers, mold makers & process engineers
- To be involved with product pre-feasibility & technical feasibility, product design reviews with cross functional teams and Mold Process FMEA ,ensuring opportunities to improve the molding of the product
- Ensure appropriate Inputs of Mold/tool cost & Lead time estimations for product costing
- Identify & Finalize right mold makers/supplier partner for mold development within budgeted time and cost.
- Provide detailed breakup timeline for mold development activities in line with customer Requirement
- Responsible to conduct regular review and feedback with mold makers on development progress
- Create & analyze engineering analysis tools such as FEA, Mold Flow analysis etc.
- Accountable for complete Mold Industrialization, Mold Qualification for regular production , also responsible for debugging issues in new molds, analysis of plan Vs actual on QCD basis
- Responsible for standardization & optimization of mold making process also benchmark and develop industries best practices
- Extend support to resolve mold design, construction and processing issues
- Research on new plastic raw materials & other technologies related to injection molding
- Generate history book for each mold built, also responsible for building technical learnings and deployment in future mold development.
- Actively participate in investigation, development & qualification of new mold tooling design
- Responsible to compliance with IATF/ TS 16949 & ISO 9001, ISO 14001 systems
- Analyze and manage mold makers current and future capacity
- Willing to travel as situation demands
- Must have deep knowledge on hot runner systems & trouble shooting & fair knowledge on Automations.
- Hands on experience on request for quotation to smooth project handover to Production
- Co-ordinate trails and R@R and attend the same to make sure about the desired result.
Internal Interfaces : Project Management, Product Design Engineers, Process Engineers, Industrialization, Quality, Purchase & Finance
External Interfaces : Suppliers/Mold Makers
- Work experience require in Creo, Unigraphics, MS Office ,hot runner systems & Trouble shooting, preferred from Tooling background
- Knowledge on Automation
- BE/ BTech in Mechanical
- 16 to 19 years of work experience
Customer Service Orientation
Accountability and Ownership
Environment, Health and Safety Risk Management
Knowledge of material handling equipment
Root cause analysis